Patrick has been practising Insurance Litigation, acting for insurers, claims managers and defendants since 1980. He is recognised as an expert in Insurance Litigation and regularly publishes papers and addresses seminars in this field of Law.
Over the years, Patrick has developed a reputation as a leading lawyer in the insurance industry. This reputation has been both publicly and privately recognised, as demonstrated by the following testimonial:
"Patrick Thompson has an excellent knowledge of insurance and litigation and publishes many papers on topics of interest to general insurers. He is also described as quiet, tenacious and as understanding client philosophy. He is noted for being clinical, efficient and getting great results". (Legal Profiles).
Patrick's areas of practice include:
- General Insurance Law
- Products and Public Liability Claims
- Property Damage and Pure Economic Loss Claims
- Professional Indemnity Claims
- Policy advice and drafting
- Building and Construction
- Contract works litigation
- Personal Injury
- Occupational Health and Safety including the defence of WorkCover prosecutions
- Accredited Specialist Personal Injury Law NSW
- Arbitrator Supreme Court of New South Wales, Common Law Division
- Arbitrator District Court of New South Wales, Philadelphia Scheme
Patrick was recently recognised by Doyle’s Guide 2018 as a Leading Public and Product Liability Lawyer (Defendant) – New South Wales and as a Leading Professional Indemnity Lawyer (Defendant) – New South Wales.